2013 / 07 / 02
2.5A Output Current, High CMR, IGBT Gate Drive Optocoupler
The LTV-3120 series contains a GaAsP LED optically coupled to an integrated circuit with a power output stage. The ideally suited for driving power IGBTs and MOSFETs used in motor control, inverter and industrial applications.
The 2.5A peak output current driving is capable of directly driving most IGBTs with ratings up to 1,200V / 100A. For IGBTs with higher ratings, the LTV-3120 series can be used to drive a discrete power stage which drives the IGBT gate.
The LTV-3120 have an operating temperature of -40 oC - 100 oC, this makes ideal for use in applications that operate in industrial environments.
• 2.5A Output peak current
• 3.8mA maximum supply current (ICC)
• 15 to 30 Volts wide operating (Vcc) range
• 25 KV/us minimum common mode rejection (CMR) at VCM = 1,500V
• 500ns max propagation delay - Fast switching speed
• Under voltage lock-out (UVLO) with hysteresis
• Lower Power dissipation with RON =< 1 Ω
• -40 oC ~ 100 oC Operating Temperature
• 8 pins DIP, DIP wide lead, DIP surface mount package
• Safety approval UL, cUL, VDE (In progress)
• Isolated IGBT / MOSFET gate drive
• Industrial / Solar Inverter
• Servo Motor Control
• Switch mode power supply (SMPS)
• Uninterruptible power supply (UPS)
• Induction heating
• Plasma Display Panel